Detailed Pro Tect Finished Floor Guard Installation Video
Detailed Pro Tect Finished Floor Guard Step-By-Step
Hardwood stairways are some of the most challenging flooring areas to protect during construction and remodeling. Their shape and quantity make it difficult and time-consuming to install protection.
Fortunately, finished floor guard protection makes it easy. Finished floor guard offers protection for hardwood stairs and floors, tile, granite, marble, and even countertops.
Here’s what makes finished floor guards great:
- No tape, no hassles
- Simply cut to size and press in place
- Durable, breathable, and reusable
- Protects against dirt, scratches, spills, and heavy foot traffic
- Specifically designed for high traffic areas and high risk surfaces that need protection
- Provides up to 100 days of protection
Floor guard comes in 24”, 36”, and 48” widths and 100’ foot lengths.
This guide from Pro Tect will show you step-by-step how to install floor guard on hardwood stairs. Simply cut to size, press into place, and get on with your project.
Step 1: Start at the top of the stairs, press into place
Step 2: Roll the floor guard the length of two stairs and press into place
Rolling the floor guard the length of two stairs ensures there is enough product to press into place on each stair.
Step 3: Repeat the process down the rest of the stairs
Step 4: Walk up and down the stairs to set the floor guard in place
Important Tip: For Turns in Stairways
For turns in stairways, simply roll the film all the way to the wall and cut where the film meets the wall.
Then start installing down the next set of stairs.
Protecting finished surfaces can be challenging, especially hardwood stairs. But finished floor guards make it easy! Just roll, cut, and press into place.
For hardwood stairs, follow these simple steps:
- Start at the top of the stairs, press into place
- Roll the floor guard the length of two stairs
- Repeat the process down the rest of the stairs
- Walk up and down the stairs to set the floor guard in place
If you have any questions about finished floor guard protection, just ask the pros at Pro Tect! They’re the floor protection experts ready to help you with your next construction or remodeling project. Contact them today or browse Pro Tect online for more tips and helpful products.